Plexus specialises in the design and supply of wellhead products to the global oil and gas industry.
We believe innovative technology needs to work hand in hand with outstanding service. We do what it takes to deliver wellhead equipment which is safer, and is proven to save time and money.
Utilising our patented POS-GRIP® Technology we have become the global leader for the provision of HP/HT wellhead products and services.
Providing a flexible and responsive service, we offer rental and purchase services for wellhead equipment, making a positive difference to your business.
Our values are the cornerstone to working at Plexus:
- Pride: We achieve more by working together and are proud of our work
- Opportunity: Ambition and motivation drives our mutual success
- Safety: Adopt a real life approach to safety
- Goal Orientated: Empowered to take ownership and responsibility, focused on results
- Relationships: Be responsive and focused on developing valuable relationships
- Inventive: Encourage innovation and break new ground
- Positive: Friendly place to work, great people to work with
- 1985Plexus founded – develops first ‘through BOP’ adjustable wellhead
- 1996Cameron acquires Ingram Cactus/Plexus
- 1997Plexus re-forms, POS GRIP® technology invented
- 1999First POS-GRIP® installation – Talisman UK North Sea
- 2004First HG Production Wellhead installed
- 2008POS-GRIP® system used Subsea for mudline conversion
- 2015Plexus launches Python® Subsea Wellhead and HPHT Mudline Tieback Connector
- 2018Surface wellhead rental exploration business licensed to TFMC
- 2020Plexus focus on “HG” Production wellheads and trees
- 2021Plexus licence POS-GRIP to Cameron for certain “HG” Production wellhead applications
- 2021Green Economy Mark awarded by London Stock Exchange
- 2021Plexus take on rights to Exact adjustable wellheads from Cameron
Meet the Team
Our people are central to our business: an innovative and ambitious team working together to realise our shared ambition for growth.
Director – Plexus Holdings Plc & POSL
Craig serves as a Director of both Plexus Ocean Systems Ltd. and parent company Plexus Holdings Plc. He joined Plexus in 1998, and was instrumental in the development, analysis and testing of Plexus proprietary POS-GRIP® Technology. He has a wide range of professional and management experience. Craig holds a Masters’ Degree in Engineering Science from the University of Oxford and is a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) and an Associate Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE). Craig has published several papers on the subject of wellhead technology design and safety, and holds a number of patents.
Director – POSL
Mike initially joined Plexus in 1986, assuming the role of Director in 1997. Mike comes from an engineering background and is responsible for operations, quality and HSE., his remit also extends to supporting the development and implementation of new products to deliver the long-term growth plans of the business. He has 36 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry with 33 years of those within the wellhead business. Mike studied Mechanical and Production Engineering at Robert Gordons and has been instrumental in the development of POS-GRIP® technology.
Director – POSL
Mike qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1991 and has over 25 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas industry, with both SMEs and multi-national oilfield service companies. Mike joined Plexus in 2004 as Group Financial Controller and subsequently joined the Board of Plexus Ocean Systems in 2011. Mike’s remit covers Finance, HR and IT as well as being part of the Directors’ group responsible for corporate governance, objectives and performance.
Brent manages an experienced engineering team who handle the design and technical support for all Plexus products. Engineering supports new product design, ongoing manufacture, validation testing and various forms of technical analysis for existing wellhead equipment.
He has 22 years’ experience in wellhead equipment engineering, both at Plexus and elsewhere in the industry. He joined Plexus as a design engineer in 2002 and has since served Plexus in several engineering roles before becoming Engineering Manager in 2013.
Ellie is responsible for both the HR and Contracts functions within Plexus, Ellie’s remit also extends to managing the Competency Assurance programme Competency@Plexus.
Ellie studied at the University of Aberdeen, graduating with a bachelor’s degree in laws and French Law before beginning her career in the oil and gas sector. Ellie joined Plexus in 2014 as HR Administrator, taking on the responsibility for Contracts in 2017.
Donald is responsible for developing Plexus’ Quality Management System in line with business needs, providing leadership to all departments on QHSE matters in addition to driving continuous improvement of Plexus.
Over the past 30 years, Donald has worked in several Quality and HSE related roles, working with Divex, Expro Group, Hunting Energy Services and Global Energy Group prior to joining Plexus early in 2019.
HSE is an integral part of all Plexus activities and we continually strive to create the safest possible workplace. Our aim is to have zero harm to our people, equipment and environment and we believe by adopting a “real life” approach to safety and through encouraging and engaging with our workforce we can achieve and sustain this.
Our Business Management System is certified to API Q1, BS EN ISO 9001: 2015 and BS ISO 45001:2018. We strive for continuous improvement primarily via our people and also through our policies, procedures and sharing best practice and lessons learned. HSE considerations are our priority focus throughout the design, manufacture and operation of all of our POS-GRIP® products.